Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 27, 2009

Sleep Study Results


Severe sleep apnea. Cool that we know what the problem is but a bummer that I have it. It means sleeping with a similar crazy mask on while a machine pumps air into my nose and mouth - so that my airway doesn't close. Apparently when you have this level you can stop breathing as often as 50 times in an hour.
All I know is I went to sleep after being hooked up the the machine - and woke up about three times between 11 and 1:30 - by 1:30 the nurse was coming in to hook me up to the cpap machine. While it was SUPER claustrophobic feeling - especially when you were waiting for the air to start blowing - when I finally went to sleep - I slept without a dream - or having to pee - or moving for at least 4 or 5 hours. It was a beautiful thing and I have to tell you I wish I could go stay for a few more nights until they get me hooked up with the air part of the machine. But only if Dan could come too. Not sleeping next to him is weird. I wonder if the machine will freak him out in the middle of the night! Or piper! LOL.
In other baby new - she likes to move it, move it which I lay down to go to sleep. Feels like a squirmy doing circles sometimes. She also seems to start doing stuff in the car on the way home - or at least its very noticeable for the last week. Today she seems to be bouncing on my bladder a lot - making me think I have to go - but not so much.
No progress on names - we just keep trying them out and seeing what we think and if she responds :)
Oh and I had my eye exam today - picture perfect even with diabetes :) And still no glasses! Well, he didn't really check for that but I could read the chart - does that count?

No comments: