Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Week 34

Dr Goggl.e says this is what is happening in week 34:

You're not seeing things — at least not as well as usual. That's because your eyes are yet another part of your body that falls prey to those pesky pregnancy hormones. Not only can your vision seem less sharp these days, but a decrease in tear production can leave your eyes dry and irritated, especially if you wear contact lenses. Plus, an increase in fluid behind your eyes' lenses can temporarily change their shape, making some women more nearsighted or farsighted than usual. Happily, these vision changes during pregnancy are all temporary. Things should clear up as your eyes return to normal after delivery (so there's no need to change your prescription just yet).

What's new with your baby? He's clocking in at five pounds and could be as tall as 20 inches by now. This week, a boy's testicles start making their way down from his abdomen to their final destination: his scrotum (look out below!). While about three to four percent of boys are born with undescended testicles, it's nothing to worry about — they usually head downtown before junior turns a year old.

In other baby-related developments, those tiny fingernails have probably reached the tips of his fingers by now — and getting ready for that first postpartum manicure.

From Julie:

I have noticed the vision changes at times, it doesn't seem to be a constant change for me at this point. Sometimes it seems to be distance and sometimes when I am reading a book - which is only when I am in the bath these days. Ahh, the bath. I am going to miss this bath tub a lot. I've taken a bath pretty much daily for the last 4 months or maybe even longer. Some days - if it was a bad day - I could take 4 baths in a night. I guess baths have always been my feel better thing - when I am sick with a cold or something baths always seem to make it feel better. Anyway I am quite sad to be leaving my soaker behind. Only one more night. I wonder how many baths I have time for?

Overall feeling ok, there are times when exhaustion hits but I think there have been some bursts of energy where I feel almost normal. Nothing really feels normal at this point. LOL. If I over do one day I am useless the next so now I am going for the work a while then go relax and to listen when I need to take a nap. There just is much pressure to get stuff done with the move (self inflicted of course). But after tomorrow it will be over - and all that's left is the unpacking! Ugh.

Belly has finally (or I just noticed) reached the point where it feels super hard at times. I can tell where Abby's space is and the little that is left for me. Movement has changed a bit - less dramatic big movements and more kicks and swishes. I've had cramps a lot in the last two weeks so it will be interesting to see what the Dr says about that tomorrow. My guess is we'll be having the first internal exam. We have ultrasound, NST and MFM appt tomorrow - well baby and I do - Dan is with the movers at that point. And will she be closer to 6 lbs this week (based on the 1/2 lb a week rule?)

Coolest thing is that every time and I do mean every time Dan talks to the belly Abby starts moving around. I love that she recognizes Daddy's voice and reacts to it. I can't wait to see them together. Best Episode Ever! (OK, that is probably the result of too many nights of falling asleep to the Simpsons :))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I followed you here from the preg.org ivf boards. I have never commented on any boards, but I wanted to tell you I am so excited about your abby. From what I have read on your post you and your husband are really great people. Congratulations to your family.