Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Almost 13 weeks Post

Tomorrow is our NT Scan and BUN test - a ultrasound to look for down syndrome markers - certain measurements would either rule it out or possibly tell us we need further testing which would be an amnio. The BUN part of the test is blood work looking for certain levels of proteins that can also tell us if we have a problem. I should say this is my understanding of what is happening (i.e. room for me being totally wrong here!)

I am looking forward to seeing the baby - getting better pictures - and hopefully measurements on the baby. We haven't done that in about a month and I'd like to know if everything is growing on track. Plus I want to see Dan see the baby - its been at least a month for him and its so different now - especially when you see it in person. And we have so far to go!

We discovered that the baby is somewhere between a large plum and some other fruit that I can not for the life of me remember. We are saying between since we are between weeks - so almost the size of the one I can't remember! D'oh. Can I have pregnancy brain already?

I've been feeling fairly crampy the last two days and much to my annoyance a little bit of nausea . Still. Well at least today - thank goodness for ginger tea. I sort of thought I was past it but I guess not. Both are a good sign that things are happening down there. And hopefully some nice growth is what is happening, right?

We will post the new pictures tomorrow afternoon/night. I was hoping to get Dan to go to a movie tomorrow night. At the very least I'll let you know what happened and upload the pictures later :) We only have so many movie nights left, right?

No comments: