Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 15, 2009

What's happening in Week 12

The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce. (thank you Dr. Goo.gle for this info)

As for me I've had a cold with a low grade fever (off and on) for the last 4 days - and missed 4 days of work - well I missed 4 days of going in to work - I just worked for home - which mostly sucked. The first day I was afraid it was the flu and didn't want to pass it around and then the next days I felt so crappy I didn't want to go in I wanted to sleep - which I couldn't do because I had work to do. I probably could have gone in today but the doctor said wait until Monday or when fever is gone. Oh well. Hopefully I still have a job on Monday.

That's about it - only interesting thing we tried was to see if we could feel my uterus - one of the books said you should be able to at this point - about an inch below the belly button - and we could- this weird hard muscle feeling thing. And its only going to get bigger.

No comments: