Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Level II Ultrasound Part 2

And still no PICTURES!!! Can you say bad US tech again :(

But she passed with an A+ - so she has all her important parts and they measure and look normal. We could see a lot more when the doctor came in but it doesn't seem to be that "kind" of ultrasound - or maybe they figure you get to have more ultrasounds so they don't give you pictures?? She just wasn't being photogenic.

Weight is 1 lb 6 ounces and she is measuring 23 weeks and 5 days - so right where she should be.

Otherwise went well except I managed to gain 6 lbs since the 28th - so I get to go back in a week. Since I woke up with swollen feet/hands/face I don't think that my actual gain was 6 lbs - its a ton of water right now. This happened one day last week and it was better the next day.

Used the cpap machine for the first time last night...will take some time to get used to it. But I have high hopes of some wonderful slumber soon. I think I still work up 5 times last night but that is much less than what I've been doing. If I could go to normal pregnant lady slumber - I'd e ok.

We did ask about what to expect in terms of if we would have her early (as in need to have her early) - how late could she go - c-section vs. vag and all that.

Because of complex medical issues - his guess seemed to be slightly early but with an amnio to make sure her lungs are done cooking - so between 36-38 weeks. No c-section but more likely to end up with one - but also more likely to have complications because of it. So while I think I always thought I would rather have a c-section, I might actually want to try for a vag birth - as long as someone is going to PROMISE that there will be no scary tearing. Yikes!

So back in a week to check weight/water/and bp. But since bp is good its probably just the swelling.

No comments: