Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Updates

Well here we are almost at week 28. Can you believe it?? She should weigh 2 1/2 lbs now!

We have a check up tomorrow and a growth scan so (HAHAHAHA) maybe a postable picture? Sorry but I am not counting on it at this point. I'm just happy to have them check and make sure everything is ok.

Let see where we are at - I've been working from home for the last 3 weeks until my short term disability was approved...which it was last Friday. That's a relief...now just to get someone at work to give me an idea of how to proceed...

The doctors had originally moved me to part time because of the sleeping issues and how crappy I was feeling overall but what ended up happening was I was working at home and then going in and working - so actually working more than I was before. And totally stressed out, overwhelmed and still not sleeping. So they cut me off completely from going in and said no more work. In order to help work out I ended up working from home a bit so that I was still getting paid during that time. Actually was a blessing since it took them a long time to decide to approve it. Did it help - omg yes. Just not having to make what had become a huge effort to drag myself in was a help. The cpap has been making sure that I at least get some good sleep at night when is helpful over all. Can I go out and walk around for a long time or stand or be normal right now...no, even going to a movie was too much. But I feel better so I'll take it.

But it means that we will get 60% of my salary while I am out - so we are safe to actually start looking for a new place...oh I didn't tell you that? Our lease was up Nov 1st...we knew we didn't want to stay - this may have been new construction but it wasn't good construction ( leaks, moldy walls, no insulation between floors) and there were a lot of "rules" that started happening when they set up the association that actually made it more difficult to live here. And honestly the parking situation was never ideal - it stunk for anyone to visit because there was nowhere to park close by. Plus the rent is more than we can afford right now - at least without making Dan work a ton of extra shifts to afford it.

So I got them to push the lease end date back a month...we have to move by Oct 1st. We spent a little time looking yesterday - one apartment rented two minutes after we left it and the second we couldn't see because the keys were locked in it or missing. We ended up seeing a lot of signs in the area and called on a few - looked at one that might work but is more then we want to spend. So we will go out again tomorrow... At least we got rid of a lot of stuff at my dads doing a family garage sale last weekend - well some of it. Less to pack and a little moving money.

What else - I've taken swelling to a new level and have carpel tunnel in both arms. My feet and legs never go back to normal now and I just look like I have elephantitus or something. At least it doesn't hurt most of the time...just some of it :) Added a new blood pressure med to the mix...because it was creeping back up last week. At least the weight gain had stayed steady. I really think I will drop 20 lbs in water right away, I am so bloated now. Blood sugar did jump up around week 26-27 but we've got it back under control - I guess that this time you are the most insulin resistant in pregnancy - so joy - I am using a lot!

We have a name...would you like to know? We were going to keep it a secret but a little person let the cat out of the bag so we told our families.

Abigail Therese - with the Therese after my grandmother Rita Therese or
Abigail Grace... because Grace means something like Gods gift or blessing - which she is.

So we have an Abby on the way :) It's lots of fun to talk to her and use her name.

Nice birthday yesterday with Dan having the day off - actually he had been off since last Wednesday to work on the garage sale and it was really wonderful to have him around more. Somehow a 40 something birthday is a lot easier than 40 was last year. Guess it could be Abby :)

No comments: