Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The day of Doctors Appointments

We started the day with an endo appt - she was happy with me because I only gained 1 1/2 lbs. OK, and there I was worrying that she was going to yell at me because my blood sugar was sitting higher - but she basically said that I am not always in contol of this. She didn't like my blood pressure - 142/70 and wanted to add another med. And on the the MFM appts...

Up next we have an ultrasound - a NST (non stress test) and last but not least an OB appt.

Ultrasound was great - she looks good - LONG legs!! And can you believe it...she is measuring that she weights 4 lbs 5 oz! They said she was right on track - but when I looked at home she was a little ahead of what I've read. Plus if you factor in the 1/2 a week...and 8 weeks left...we are looking at at least a 8 lb baby! Wow. She is head down and facing my left side as of now.

NST - well she did well but it was QUITE the production to get the kid to hold still long enough for the nurse to find her heartbeat and monitor it for 20 minutes...lets just say we were there for over an hour. Everything looked beautiful and as much as I've tried to say she's just shy - there might actually be something to the stubborn thing. She really didn't like all the poking at my stomach and didn't want to stay in one place. Lots of kicks for mommy.

OB visit was good - they questioned the med from earlier and were going to talk to the endo about that and get back to me. She was putting me on a diuretic which I actually thought you couldn't take during pregnancy but I guess you can if you did all along. They would rather add to the does of blood pressure med I am on now - while the thought of retaining less water and being less swollen is appealing - having a problem with fluid levels overall is not what I am looking for and it could end up hurting the baby. I did get a flu shot - Dan will probably get one tomorrow - I guess its important to protect the baby and she will get the antibodies from me when we start breastfeeding.

The only other thing that was interesting was Abby trying to jump out of my belly. We were turning a corner next to a big truck that started to back up - my window was open and the truck had a VERY loud back up beep - that actually made Dan and I jump - just as Dan was saying "Did that scare you" so what 15 seconds later...Abby kicks my stomach SO hard I thought for a second she was coming out - it actually hurt for a while afterwards. The sound was so loud that it actually woke her up and scared her - poor baby. But it was kind of cool - that she responded to outside stimuli - I mean she moves around when I talk to her and say her name but this was different.

Poor baby had a rough day - somehow I am thinking that she is going to take it easy tomorrow.

And still I am thinking...4 lbs 5 oz! WOW! Ok so I looked back - she's gained almost 2 lbs in 4 weeks. Crazy!

No comments: