Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wednesdays Dr's Appts

Had a good appts - blood pressure is where it should be - blood sugar is ok but some time periods were tweaked because I might sit a little bit too high after lunch and dinner. Perfectly normal considering the insulin resistance is increasing as pregnancy progresses. I got a little lazy around my birthday about what I was eating - so now I need to go back and pay more attention - I was craving ice cream a little too much and it was killing my overall carb intake. That and I take too many baths so I can't take the pump off when I take a bath - because I guess on a bad day I ended up having it off for 3 hours. So I was missing the basil (continuous stream of insulin) during that time. I guess those nights where I took three baths plus a shower during the day were too much. I am SO going to miss this tub. It has been a savior during this pregnancy.

We had our first non-stress test because I didn't have as much movement the day before - not surprising that a little girl we know was not so cooperative in the heartbeat area - both when the nurses wanted to listen with the Doppler and when they did the NST test Abby didn't want to stay in the same place. She didn't like all the poking on my tummy and was kicking me a lot but in the end they got her. The poor nurse had to hold the monitor on me for at least 1/2 an hour by hand to keep moving it to keep track of the heartbeat. But either way she looks great. Hopefully these will get easier as she gets bigger.

Starting at week 32 I start weekly NST's and then at week 36 go twice a week. Ultrasound at 32 and 36 for growth (woo hoo - two more weeks). The MFM (Dr. appts) stay at two weeks until 36 weeks and then becomes weekly. As of what I know now Endo appts stay at every two weeks but I can and sometimes do send her reports weekly (if something looks wonky). So looks like I will be spending some time at the clinic over the next 2 months - yikes.

I got a no go on anything before week 39 when I asked about 38 weeks and my fear of stillbirth and basically he said as long as she looks good and my blood pressure stays good we are going to 40 weeks unless Abby decides otherwise. Knowing this kid so far - I'll be going to 40 weeks. Basically he said with the monitoring I am covered and if it looks weird at all they know so we should be ok. I didn't think it was possible but I am actually getting the idea that she might be a little stubborn. Could that be genetic? I don't think she is getting the message about having a personality like Dan... This could be interesting.

I asked about what I thought were braxton hicks contractions I've been having... which I've been having a lot of some days - apparently not anything to worry about - normal at this stage but goofy when it happens because from ribs to pelvis everything seizes up for 10 or 15 seconds - which takes my breath away and I make a funny groaning sound like an old man in the morning. It seems to happen a lot when I move or switch positions - which even happened in my sleep last night. As in I woke myself up! But normal and does no harm. He went over what to look for in real labor - you know I can see us being the people who go too early to the hospital and its false labor...or waiting too long because we aren't sure if its labor. D'oh. Maybe we'll just get induced...lol...we can't screw that up can we?

Here's voting for something obvious to happen - like water breaking! DO I need to say - after 38 weeks? Probably...you know...be careful what you wish for and all that.

No comments: